What is the IBPS PO exam?
The IBPS PO Exam – (Probationary Officer) takes place annually. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection for the post of Probationary Officers recruits candidates for 11 public sector banks across the country. For the year 2021, there are as many as 4135 vacancies.
There are a few important things that a candidate should know before reading this article. Why should a candidate prepare for IBPS Po Exam? What is the eligibility criteria of the exam? How to prepare for the exam i.e course? How to apply for the IBPS PO exam? What is the pattern of the IBPS PO Exam? What are the salary and career opportunities in the IBPS PO post?
Why should a candidate prepare for the exam of PO?
Every candidate appearing for this exam should answer this question before filling the application form. Because if the why is not clear it will be very difficult to prepare for this examination. The why can be anything like salary, 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM with weekend holidays, social security, financial security, first attempt, parents will, family background etc. If there is no “why” then make one. Because it will help a candidate in staying motivated for the exam.
Tip – A candidate would need at least 3 months of thorough preparation to clear this exam. Without preparation, a candidate should not waste money and time just for having an experience of the exam.
IBPS PO Exam Details and Elidigbility
The candidates can apply for the exam from 19th October 2021. The last date of application for IBPS 2021 is 10th November 2021. The following are the details related to the exam.
- Age limit = 20 Yrs to 30 Yrs as of 1 October 2021
- Graduation = Required on or before 1 October 2021
- Number of vacancy = 4135
- Application process = Online
- Post = Probationary Officer
- Citizenship of India
- Subjects of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan Refugee who arrived before January 1, 1962
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma(Myanmar), Vietnam or East African countries of the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire or Ethiopia to permanently settle in India
All candidates who are not Indian citizens have to produce a certificate of eligibility from the Government of India during the Bank PO interview.
How to Apply for the examination?
The application process is online. There are six steps of application. They are as follows. You can directly click on the link to apply IBPS PO 2021 Prelims apply
- The Step 1 consists of basic information – Name, Mobile number, Email id
- Second Step is uploading Photo and Signature
- Third step has the Details of Candidate – Address proof, Date of Birth, Center Selection etc
- Step four is Preview the form
- Step five is Upload the form
- Finally the step six is Online Payment of Fees
IBPS PO Exam Fee
The fee for the examination is divided into two heads. For the general category, the examination fee is high. So if a candidate is not prepared for the exam it is better to avoid it altogether. The fee is as follows.
- General Category and OBC the fee is INR 720 + GST = INR 850
- SC/ST/PWB (People with Disability) the fee is INR 175
The IBPS Probationary Officer exam is divided into 3 sections. These three sections are as follows.
- Prelims – 100 Marks – 1 Hour
- Mains – 225 Marks – 3 Hour 30 Minutes
- Interview – 100 Marks – 30 Minutes upto interviewer’s discretion
The interview carries a 20% weightage in the overall results.
The details of the prelims are given in the image below. A candidate must go through these details while preparing for the examination. These details will help a candidate in planning for the examination. Therefore they are very important.
Exam details and IBPS PO 2020 Cutoff
The IBPS PO Prelims exam consists of 100 questions of 1 mark each. There is a 0.25 mark of negative marking for every wrong answer. The time to solve the 100 questions in 60 minutes or 1 hour. Therefore a candidate needs both speed and accuracy to solve the paper. The speed and accuracy come by solving the mock test papers. The cutoff marks for 2020 is as follow.